Pregnancy is a beautiful period of nine months where a life is growing inside your body, during this whole process of nine months your body goes through several changes. From food craving, mood swings, nausea, back pain, hair growth, skin color changes and one of the main changes of all is Abdomen separation. This is a natural process where your abdomen muscles expands and make space for giving space to the growing uterus and let your baby grow in the uterus. This abdomen separation is also known as DIASTASIS RECTI, normally abdomen muscles get it back to normal position after baby, but in some cases gap remains and can be seen as a bulge in front.
I really hope to know this information before my pregnancy, so that I might have taken proper measures to avoid chances of getting Diastasis Recti. But came to know about this when I started exercise and yoga after few months of delivery. So I felt like sharing this with all my friends who are planning/going to be new moms and one who have their little ones too.
What is Diastasis Recti?
Abdomen muscles separation during pregnancy is technically known as Diastasis Recti, during pregnancy as baby grows in uterus it puts pressure on abdomen muscles. Due to pregnancy hormones connective tissues are relax and soft, so the abdomen muscles separates without and damage or tearing and allow space for the growing uterus. Abdomen separation of muscles starts from third month of pregnancy and at times after delivery too, when the abdomen walls are weak and baby is also not there to support the abdomen muscles.
Symptoms of Diastasis Recti after pregnancy
- You can experience lower back pain
- Pelvic pain
- Unable to control urine leakage during sneezing or coughing
- Protruding pregnancy like belly after pregnancy
Factors that can cause abdomen separation more
- Being overweight before or during pregnancy
- Poor postures while siting, standing, walking, carrying weight and even while sleeping during and after pregnancy.
- Pregnancy with multiple twins
- Getting pregnant soon after first baby
- Not doing proper exercise
How to know you have Diastasis Recti?
- You can contact your doctor if you have any of the above symptoms
- If you want to check at home then click here .
- Lie down on the floor folding your knees at 45 degree and back and feet relaxed on floor. Now you have to check from ribs to pubic bones. Now stuck your chin to your chest and try placing your finger from rib bones to pubic bones. Step by step, you can feel gap of one,two or three and more fingers. It would feel soft at that place, if you cannot feel the gap, relax and try again after some time.
- If the gap is less it can be cured with some regular home exercise, if the gap is more you need to check doctor for proper way to cure.
Can it be cured?
- Yes it can be taken care with proper exercise routine as suggested by doctor.
- Maintaining good posture before and after pregnancy.
- Trying to maintain normal weight and taking healthy diet.
- If you have Diastasis Recti from first pregnancy, try to recover with doctor help before planning next baby.
- Sharing some exercise, I am following Click here.
I hope this information would be really helpful for all moms and can help getting your body back in shape.
I am taking my Alexa rank to next level with Blogchatter