Bangalore is a beautiful place with lovely weather. Anyone would love and wish to stay here, but every good thing has some drawbacks too. Everyday changing weather is not so good for our little ones and catching cold is so easy, when the weather is so confusing. We are living on the top floor of our building and it’s usually warm the whole day and cool in the morning and night and my girl just doesn’t want to cover herself with a blanket during the night. As a result, we have to wake up in the middle of the night as she is unable to sleep with a blocked nose, since babies are obligatory nose breather, and then we all are sleep deprived and drowsy the next day with a cranky baby and tired mommy. Thankfully, I discussed this problem with my doctor and she suggested using saline nasal drops. Saline drops are safe and can be used by anyone as a first line of treatment.
Let me share some helpful information for saline nasal drops and some quick mommy tips:
- Nasivision can be used as first line treatment as it is safe to use.
- Nasivion saline dosage should be checked before giving for babies and kids.
Directions to use Nasivion – (consult your paediatrician before using the product)
for 0-1 years : Nasivion® Mini 0.01% Nose Drops – Up to the age of 4 weeks, instill 1 drop of the solution into each nostril 2-3 times per day. From the 5th week of life until the age of 1 year, instill 1-2 drops into each nostril 2-3 times per day or as directed by the physician.
for 1-6 years : Nasivion® Child 0.025% Nose Drops – 1-2 drops into each nostril 2-3 times per day or as directed by the physician.
- Nasal saline drops can be used for both kids and adults too.
- If the cold is more you can consult doctor for further treatment.
- But this is really effective when your baby is so cranky and not able to sleep peacefully.
- Try putting a blanket once your baby is in deep sleep.
- Or for the ones like me who knows mommy is acting smart and wake up as soon as mommy try putting blanket, we make her wear full night suits or double cotton layer as per climate.
- Always consult your doctor before giving any medicine to your baby, we all share what works best for us and baby so i am sharing mine. Hope this is helpful for all my mommy friends.
- take care babies and sleep peacefully.
All mommies take care of your little ones, try including healthy diet according to season as it helps to build good immunity and they don’t catch cold easily. Hope my little tips is helpful for all.
You can get more information here
And you can get more information about happy nose,happy mom here
PS.- Every child and body is different, so checking with your pediatrician is a good before giving any medicine.