Being mom a thought which is always in your mind is providing healthy food and proper nutrition to your kid.
We all have this little picky eater who don’t want to eat healthy food. A mother needs to learn some easy ways to add healthy and nutritious food for her little one(s).
So here I am sharing my personal tips with you. I am a vegetarian, so main source of protein come from pulses, soya, fruits and vegetables.
Now the question is how to give food rich in protein and essential vitamins and minerals to your kids.
Tips to add nutritious food to your kid’s meal.
MILK – most of the kids run away from milk and same with my daughter. She is really choosy when it comes to milk . So when she throws tantrums having milk, I make oats porridge with that milk adding some fruits to it.
- Change look of the food – when the kids says no to milk, you can always try experimenting with dishes made with milk. I used to make health mix, porridge, oats, sweet dalia and kheer. She just enjoy all these items and yes milk too😉.
- Replace Milk with Milk products – When your kids say no to milk, try different milk products. Giving paneer, cheese, butter, curd. All have same benefits of milk, so you can try offering milk in different forms.
- Health mix chapatis – Adding some health mix powder to wheat flour and kneading with milk. Add more nutrition to kids meal.
- Vegetables chapatis – You can knead chapatis dough with vegetables puree. Adding beetroot, carrot, spinach or any vegetables of your choice. It not only gives colour to food, also enhance the taste of it.
- Fruits with play time – I have made a routine to have any fruit before going for playing outdoor. So in this way my daughter knows she have to eat fruit, before going out.
- Juice/shakes – Kids enjoy having homemade juice and shakes is also at times.
- Soya – You can add soya flour to the normal wheat flour and use daily. Soya milk is also good.
- Flavoured Milk – You can add dry fruits powder to milk, it gives flavour.
- Snack – Roasted nuts are a great way of munching with healthy benefits . Roast nuts of choice with ghee and give for munching anytime.
- Sweets – Homemade sweets is best way for adding dry fruits. Kids love these sweets .
As a mom, you have these plenty of new ideas, do share your ideas with me in comments.
This post is part of Get Fit, Stay Fit blog party with Bon Happetee. I would like to thank my online fitness blogger buddy, Mayuri from Sirimiri to introduce me.
Also, I take this opportunity to introduce Pragun who blogs at Praguntatwa. She blogs about the panchtatwa of life.
I am participating in the ‘Get Fit, Stay Fit’ blog party with bonhappetee